Aging and Testosterone Levels
There is a strong relationship between testosterone and aging. As all men and women grow older, testosterone levels will naturally dip. This can bring about some pretty serious symptoms that lessen the quality of life for those dealing with low T.
There isn’t anything that anyone can do about aging, as time will never stop. As the clock ticks, the body gets older and slows down in all aspects. Testosterone levels will deplete, but the good news is that testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) can help.
By safely putting back bio-identical testosterone into the body via prescribed injections, this can help to eliminate and prevent symptoms that occur when this vital hormone gets too low. TRT must be prescribed after a patient is diagnosed accurately. Aging and testosterone therapy can help patients live their lives happily with good health, strength, vigor and vitality no matter how old they are.
What Happens To Testosterone Levels With Age?
When a person ages, their testosterone levels will naturally drop. As a person gets older, all of their bodily systems and organs slow down. Testosterone is created in the testicles in men and in the ovaries in women. These organs will also slow down. This means that their production of this vital hormone will decrease as time passes.
Aging and testosterone loss has to do with the testicles and ovaries slowing down their production of testosterone usually beginning after the age of 30.
- Men aged 30 to 40 usually have an average testosterone level of 219 to 1,009 ng/dL.
- Men aged 40 to 50 usually have an average testosterone level of 201 to 993 ng/dL.
- Men aged 50 to 60 usually have an average testosterone level 172 to 918 ng/dL.
- Men aged over 60 usually have an average testosterone level of 156 to 700 ng/dL.
Of course, these numbers are average and different clinics will have different ranges that they call normal or average.
Here is a chart of how testosterone drops with age for men:
Average Testosterone Levels By Age For Men
Men over 30
Total: 219 – 1009 ng/dL
Men over 40
Total: 201 – 993 ng/dL
Men over 50
Total: 170 – 918 ng/dL
Men over 60
Total: 156 – 700 ng/dL
Women need much less testosterone running through their systems than men do. However, do not mistake the fact that women absolutely do need this hormone in order to function at optimal health.
Here is an idea of average ranges of testosterone levels in women by age.
- Women aged 30 to 40 usually have an average testosterone level of 15 – 70 ng/dL.
- Women aged 40 to 50 usually have an average testosterone level of 12.75 – 63.75 ng/dL.
- Women aged 50 to 60 usually have an average testosterone level 10.8 – 54.19 ng/dL.
- Women aged over 60 usually have an average testosterone level of 9.21 – 46.06 ng/dL.
Here is a chart of how testosterone drops with age for women:
Average Testosterone Levels By Age For Women
Women over 30
Total: 15 – 70 ng/dL
Women over 40
Total: 12.75 – 63.75 ng/dL
Women over 50
Total: 10.8 – 54.19 ng/dL
Women over 60
Total: 9.21 – 46.06 ng/dL
How To Stop Declining Of Testosterone Levels
Unfortunately, there is no way to stop aging, which means that testosterone levels will never stop depleting throughout a person’s lifetime. However, there are ways of helping the body to produce testosterone as it dips and ways of replacing lost testosterone.
Testosterone replacement therapy provides a very safe and effective ways to increase low T. However, it must be done with a reputable clinic that provides medical supervision after a diagnosis and correct prescription are given by a licensed doctor.
A person can also naturally help testosterone levels to increase by living a healthy lifestyle. This means that they should eat well, sleep enough, exercise daily, keep stress levels low, never smoke and keep alcohol consumption to responsible amount. Taking care of one’s body on a daily basis can help to aid in the natural production of testosterone
What Benefits You Can Get From TRT
Aging and testosterone loss can cause physical, emotional, mental and sexual symptoms in men and women alike. Here is a comprehensive list of the benefits you can get from TRT once it begins working to increase low T levels:
Benefits from TRT:
- An increase in sexual libido
- An increase in interest in sexual activity
- A greater ability to reach orgasm
- Less vaginal dryness
- A greater ability to fantasize
- Less hot flashes
- Less night sweats
- The elimination of erectile dysfunction
- Longer and stronger erections
- A better ability to sleep
- More energy
- More vitality
- More stamina
- More endurance
- Faster recovery time after workouts
- Faster healing of wounds or injuries
- Greater organ growth
- Less loss of bone mineral density
- Less risk for osteoporosis
- Less risk for heart issues
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Lowered risk for diabetes
- Lower triglyceride levels
- A stronger immune system
- Getting sick less often
- Stronger and more acute vision
- Weight loss
- Muscle gain
- Faster overall metabolism
- Less irritability
- Less mood swings
- Less anxiety
- Less agitation and less anger
- Greater emotional instability
- A better overall attitude towards the future
- Less desire to withdraw from social situations
- Less depression
- Less forgetfulness
- Less memory loss
- A greater ability to focus
- A greater ability to concentrate
Can We Prevent Aging With Testosterone Therapy?
Unfortunately, there is no way to prevent aging by using testosterone therapy or any other kind of medical science. The clock does not stop, which means that aging does not stop. Testosterone levels will decrease as a person grows older and symptoms will most likely occur that show aging.
There has been a lot of advertising for anti aging and testosterone therapy. One can see ads on the television, in magazines, on billboards and hear them over the radio. It must be made very clear though that TRT does not stop aging from occurring. What is can do is relieve the symptoms that occur when testosterone drops as a person grows older.
As long as TRT is done with a reputable clinic with licensed doctors, skilled clinical advisors and the clinic provides testing, prescriptions, top quality medications and medical supervision, a person should be safe and receive remarkable benefits. There is no reason to live with the uncomfortable ailments that are caused from low T. Testosterone replacement therapy is one of the safest and best answers.